An effective security program is an excellent tool for protecting the institution's work product, physical assets, intellectual assets, and personnel. This course will introduce key concepts in security and provide a basic understanding of the security function. This course is intended for all bank personnel.
- Define the terms "security" and "loss prevention."
- Identify the key features of an effective security program (who, what, where, when, why, how).
- Explain the terms "non-crime event" and "crime event."
- Identify and briefly explain the three categories of crime.
- Identify the two main types of offenders.
- Outline the responsibilities of the institution's employees with regard to security.
- Identify monetary and non-monetary costs of crime.
- Definitions and Overview
- Security Program Foundation
- Security Priorities
- Crime Events
- Types of Crimes
- Employee Responsibilities
- Costs & Loss Prevention
Rev–Jul. 2018. Course ≈ 26 minutes.
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.