The Secure and Fair Enforcement for Mortgage Licensing Act (SAFE Act) mandates a nationwide licensing and registration system for residential mortgage loan originators as well as the development of policies and procedures for complying with the Act. This course will provide mortgage loan originators with the information needed to ensure compliance with the SAFE Act.
- Determine if you are a mortgage loan originator that needs to register with the NMLS
- Understand your responsibilities as a registered MLO
- Ensure compliance with the Act
- What is an MLO?
- MLO Responsibilities
- The Registration Process
- Use of the Unique Identifier
- Financial Institution Responsibilities
Rev–May 2020. Course length ≈ 30 minutes.
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.