The Gramm-Leach Bliley Act (GLBA), is implemented by Regulation P: Privacy of Consumer Financial Information. The GLBA limits when and how an bank may disclose nonpublic personal information about a consumer to nonaffiliated third parties. For information shared, the consumer must be allowed to opt-out of the sharing. This course will provide an overview of Regulation P. This course is intended for new account personnel, including deposits and loans.
- Understand why the notices must be provided
- Know which notices the bank must give
- Know why the bank shares information
- Privacy Notices
- Initial Privacy Notice
- Annual Privacy Notice
- Revised Privacy Notice
- Opt-Out Notice
- Limits on Disclosure to & Use of Nonaffiliated Third Parties
- Exceptions to Opt-Out Requirements
Rev–Oct. 2020. Course length ≈ 27 minutes.
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credits.