A bank’s reputation for integrity is perhaps its most valuable asset and is determined by the conduct of its Directors, Officers and employees. Bank employees must strive to avoid situations that might cause a conflict of interest between the bank, its customers, its shareholders and themselves. This course will help you understand the importance of recognizing an ethical dilemma and then acting accordingly. It will also assist banks in making sound decisions based on the principles of business ethics. This course is intended for all bank personnel.
- Explain the importance of business ethics
- Explain the legal framework for ethics in banking
- Identify core values and code of conduct policies of your institution
- Outline a process for ethical decision making
- Review some ethical problems that occur in banking
- A Culture of Ethics
- Legal Framework for Ethics
- Ethics and Bankers
- Ethical Decision Making
- Common Ethnical Problems in Banking
Rev0Oct. 2020. Course length ≈ 33 minutes.
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.