Cashing a check is more complex than simply making sure the check is legitimate and handing over or depositing the money. Banks have different policies for checks written on accounts the bank holds than they do for checks written on accounts held by other banks. Banks also have different rules for cashing a check presented to you by a bank customer than they do for checks presented to you by a non-customer.
- Outline the process for cashing “on us” checks for both customers and noncustomer
- Discuss what you should do when presented with a check from another bank by both customers and non-customers
- Outline the process for cash back or split-check transactions
- Help prevent check processing frauds and scams at your bank
- On-us checks
- Other checks
- Cash back
- Check-related frauds and scams
Rev-Oct. 2019. Course length ≈ 20 minutes.
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.