Deposit accounts are a necessity for all financial institutions. There are several laws and regulations that surround deposit accounts, the transactions that occur within them, and related products and services. This course will provide an overview of many of those regulations.
This course is intended for a variety of job functions within the bank. Those that open deposit accounts, those that discuss transaction activity with customers such as tellers and lenders, deposit operations personnel, management and directors.
- Regulation DD – Truth in Savings Act
- Regulation CC – Expedited Funds Availability Act
- Regulation E – Electronic Funds Transfer Act
- Regulation D – Reserve Requirements
- Regulation GG – Unlawful Internet Gambling
- E-Sign Act
- Bank Secrecy Act
- Privacy (Regulation P & Financial Privacy)
- Marketing Rules (Advertising, UDAAP, TCPA, CAN-SPAM, COPPA)
- Fair Credit Reporting Act/FACTA
- Community Reinvestment Act
- Non-deposit Investment Products (NDIP)
- Bank Bribery Act
Rev-Apr. 2020. Course length 25 minutes.
This course is worth 0.5 CPE credit.