Seminar: Community Bank Chairman's Forum
Mackinac Island, MI
What does the chairman of the board really do? Are you a chairman who leads the way or gets in the way? Often, the role of the chairman is undefined, which can result in inefficient meetings and poor results. This unique program provides an overview of best practices for chairmen and, perhaps more importantly, provides an open forum for chairmen from across the country to discuss the problems, issues and solutions they have found with other similarly situated chairmen. The program addresses the chairman's role, the role of the board in general and discusses ways the chairman's job can be improved so that overall shareholder value is enhanced. The program's unique format allows for significant peer interaction and networking.
- Open discussion of chairman-identified pertinent issues
- Chairman's duties and responsibilities in the current environment
- Board versus management responsibilities
- Chairman's role in strategic planning
- Board and management succession
- Committee appointments, responsibilities and function
- Corporate governance issues
- Purpose and best use of board executive session
- Training new board members
- Chairman's obligation in specific situations, such as mergers and acquisitions, problem banks, difficult shareholders.
Start Time: 8:30 am Day One
End Time: 11:30 am Day Two
Instructors: Jeffrey Gerrish and Philip Smith
Who Should Attend: Presidents, CEOs, chairmen and directors
ICBA Members: (prior to July 2) $695 / (after July 2) $795
Bank Director Program Participants: $495
10 CPE Credits
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate
- To make your hotel reservation, contact the The Grand Hotel at (906) 847-3331. Room rate of $320 for this program. Hotel Cutoff Date: 7/1/2013
- NOTE: For reservations please complete the hotel's reservation form. The form will need to be faxed or mailed to the hotel. This is the only way the hotel accepts reservations. There is also a 19.5% daily charge that is required by the hotel and additional taxes that will be added to the room rate. A copy of the reservation form is also available by calling ICBA.