Recorded: March 28, 2013
Length: 60 Minutes
Bounce programs, sweep programs, ad hoc programs, and lines of credit - each brings a different set of regulatory requirements, policies, procedures, and practices. Recent investigations and civil money penalties issued by federal bank regulatory agencies have kept overdraft program management in the spotlight.
Attendees will gain a better understanding of subjects such as:
- Common overdraft solutions:
- Bounce Protection
- Sweep Overdraft Protection
- Ad hoc overdraft payments services
- Overdraft line of credit protection
- Two policy documents that remain the "golden rules" for overdraft compliance management
- "The UDAAP Connection" - Regulatory guidance and expectations and emerging importance of overdraft program management
- Common errors banks make when handling complaints
With over 28 years of experience in bank and non-bank regulatory compliance, training, and financial institution program reviews and examinations, Mary Thorson has developed a broad and deep portfolio of technical expertise that spans consumer protection, lending, deposits, operations, privacy, third-party management, collections, and anti-money laundering/anti-terrorist financing laws and regulations.
Ms. Thorson's extensive and diverse experience includes managing consumer compliance and AML examination projects as a Managing Examiner in the Federal Reserve System; managing internal compliance functions for Capital One Corporation
1 CPE Credit
Program Level: Basic-Intermediate